Odrick's Corner Historical Marker

Dublin Core

Title

Odrick's Corner Historical Marker

Date

2001

Description

A small community developed around the property of Alfred Odrick at Spring Hill and Lewinsville Roads. It became known as Odrick’s Corner. Odrick purchased 30 acres on the south side of Lewinsville Road in 1872. The Shiloh Baptist Church and the Odrick Schoolhouse were built on his property.

Site Location Item Type Metadata

Location

Lewinsville Road near Spring Hill Road

District

Dranesville

Additional Notes

Unfortunately, the marker was installed on the northeast side of Lewinsville Road. This was not Odrick’s property, or technically, Odrick’s Corner. In actuality, Odrick’s Corner was on the southwest side of Lewinsville Road at Spring Hill Road.

Collection

Citation

“Odrick's Corner Historical Marker,” Fairfax County African American History Inventory, accessed May 19, 2024, https://fairfaxaahi.centerformasonslegacies.com/items/show/69.