Browse Items (4 total)

Aristocrat William Fitzhugh was granted 21,996 acres in 1694: The Ravensworth tract, which was divided into northern and southern halves in 1701 and subsequently subdivided among Fitzhugh heirs throughout the 18th and 19th centuries. The cemetery…

A small community developed around the property of Alfred Odrick at Spring Hill and Lewinsville Roads. It became known as Odrick’s Corner. Odrick purchased 30 acres on the south side of Lewinsville Road in 1872. The Shiloh Baptist Church and the…

The Fairfax County Park Authority erected a wayside historic marker at the site of Alfred Odrick’s house on the paved pathway beside Lewinsville Road. The remains of the cellar foundation made of stone is visible directly behind the sign.

Ilda, a community located at the intersection of Guinea Road and Little River Turnpike, came into existence after the Civil War and lasted into the first half of the twentieth century. It originated when two freedmen, Horace Gibson, and Moses Parker,…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2